Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Prompt # 3 Exploring Communication

By Khalifa Alzaabi


Interviews are very important since you can get a lot of information by asking the other person about specific things which he is profession at. Interview are also done to recruit new members to their new job, so it can be vital. In this post I will write about the interview that I did with Ahmed Almarzooqi, a professional chemical engineer that has a master degree from United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). I will be asking him a couple of questions regarding his work environment and what he write about in this specific field.

1. what do you write about?
Writing is very important for every engineer, all engineers are required to write about their work plans and much more. In my specific job I’m asked to write about action reviews and recommendations.

2. describe how you write it?
So basically, I have to watch my workmates and write they do in daily bases and how do they progress. Moreover, recommendation paper is a bit hard because you have to be careful for whom do you write this for. Since lots of people are working under me, it hard to choose few people to write about.

3. what are some common misconceptions in your field and how do you use communication (including writing) to dispel around those?
Whenever I ask college students about chemical engineering, the first thing that pops in their mind is that involves a lot of chemistry. However, that’s wrong, the truth is that chemical engineering relies on all aspects of science and math. Although its called chemical engineering, physics and math take majority of sciences. Moreover, chemical also involves biology and material science. I try to explain this to people by giving them real life situations that are written in a power point presentation, so that its easier for them to understand.

Works cited:

Almarzooqi, Ahmed Ali. "Exploring Communication." Telephone interview. 16 Oct. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment