Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Prompted #8: Practice Your Knowledge

By Boyuan Sun

Like I mentioned in the first blog the engineer is the profession in which knowledge of mathematical and natural sciences, gained by study, experience, and practice, is applied with judgment to develop ways to use, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind. [1] So engineering should be a subject about the applying the knowledge into really task.

As for me I am major in electrical engineering like I said in the previous post I am enthusiastic about doing something or carry out some programs. This passion of me was fully involved with a game programing project I joined last summer. That was a project where everyone worked with others in a team of three. With several stages needed to be done a team should make it fast and good to craft a game for android cellphone out of nothing and take down the process. As the time is consuming and the mission is tough everyone in the team are supposed to work together and choose the most efficient strategy to separate the work.

I found it really hard to begin with. A creative idea, a workable line out and a good and efficient design require a lot of works. Also at the time of distribution the work is always ambiguous for everyone and is impossible to make it even for everyone.

Because of those experiences I had in the program I know something I could never learn in the classroom. The real situation is never the same as the one written in the textbook. However, nowadays, the engineering department in collages and universities are rarely put full effect into developing the hand on practice for students which may lead to a lack of motivation for students (Erico).

[1]http://msuegr.blogspot.com/2015/09/begin-with-engineering.html

[2]Erico Guizzo. “Engineering schools that tie theory and practice together retain more students.” IEEE. IEEE, Sep 20, 2007. Web. Oct 31 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment